HOW TO BECOME A BOARD CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER®
[Two Program Matriculation Options Available]
Understanding all 6 Requirements for the CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER™ Charter Designation Online Education Program
WELCOME LETTER FROM: DR. DAVID E. MARCINKO; MBA CMP™
1. Professional Experience — A successful CMP™ candidate must have three years of financial or management industry sales, service, and/or support experience to the medical community. One medical client [physician, podiatrist, osteopath, dentist, nurse, PA, PT; etc.] letter of recommendation is required.
CPAs, FAs, RIAs, and related financial service diploma holders [CFA, CFP™ and CIMA, etc] are ideal candidates for the program; as are the burgeoning plethora of various healthcare management consultants and providers [MD, DO, RN, MBA, DBA, PhD, JD, fraud, RAC and financial auditors, HIT or HIMSS experts, etc]. An undergraduate college degree [BA/BS] is mandatory to launch your career in this challenging space.
See: CAREER LAUNCH
2a. “Live” Instructor-Led Program Option — A CMP™ candidate may select the instructor-led and 12 month “live” online education program to gain a modern and comprehensive understanding of the financial planning and managerial issues faced by physicians today [no “blue-book” test is required]. The tuition is $6,000. This “live” instructor-led program can not be accelerated. Online group classes are available with this option [Traditional pathway].
2b. “Self-Directed” Program Option — A CMP™ candidate may elect to accelerate the program through self-study [no “live” instructor] to gain a comprehensive understanding of the financial planning and managerial issues faced by physicians today [a “blue-book” test is required each quarter]. The tuition is $4,000. Group classes are not possible with this option [Alternate pathway].
All candidates learn how to identify shortfalls in medically focused financial planning and practice management; and how to successfully address contemporary health economics, IT, investing, health administration, insurance, portfolio and risk management topics; as well as post PP-ACA era hospital and clinic management with their ever-changing Health 2.0 issues. So, plan on an estimated 5-10 hours per week of course study for a total of 500 hours/either program/year.
See: PROGRAM CURRICULUM
NOTE: Our course curriculum content may be customized based on your background and experience at the discretion of our Dean-of-Admissions . Advanced credit is not usually granted because of the large font of ever-growing knowledge in this ecosystem.
- “LIVE Instructor-Led Tuition” is $1,500/semester X 4 semesters = $6,000 USD / payable quarterly, in advance. Course textbooks are extra and available from your vendor-of-choice [$250-$500 approximate range]. The non-refundable application fee is $250. The course of study is 12 months.
“Live” instructor-led class format is thrice weekly; 2 week courses/12 courses per quarter-semester; four semesters per year; 48 week total program length. English language, typing and writing proficiency is required. Total max length is 52 weeks.
- “SELF-DIRECTED Tuition” is $1,000/semester X 4 semesters = $4,000 USD / payable quarterly, in advance. Course textbooks are extra and available from your vendor-of-choice [$250-$500 approximate range]. The non-refundable application fee is $250. The program may be accelerated in less than 52 weeks.
“Self taught” class covers the same content but is “crashed” and accelerated according to student time-line. English language, typing and writing proficiency is required.
3a. Examinations — There are NO examinations for the “live” instructor led program which runs in an asynchronous fashion; via secure PC, anytime or anywhere. Instead of tests, we use E-mail Discussion Activities [EDAs], with 250 word essay type responses and online communication, for deep subject mater under-standing with your “live” instructor; not just lucky guesses. Class expectations, and real-world performance, is therefore high.
3b. Examinations — There are four  quarterly examinations on a rolling basis for the “self-directed” program which can be accelerated; via secure PC, anytime or any where. Instead of fill-in-the-blank tests, we ask cognitive questions, with 250 word essay type responses for deep subject matter understanding; just as in the “live” program. Self-study expectations, and real-world performance, is also high.
4. Signed Ethics Statement — Each CMP™ candidate must sign the iMBA Inc, Standard Code of Ethics to verify that the individual pledges to maintain a high standard of conduct, competence, knowledge, professionalism, integrity, objectivity, and fiduciary responsibility in the practice of his or her profession.
See: DISCIPLINARY PROCESS
5. Continuing Education — On an ongoing basis, over a 24-month cycle, each CMP™ designee must write an original peer-reviewed and accepted textbook chapter, published essay, white-paper or related publication in a format approved by iMBA Press, Inc. Editorial assistance is available. Our targeted library grows in this manner.
And, there is NO recurring CEU fee, or required annual dues; a very unique model in the industry. We seek your insight and brain-power; not your money.
6. Submit a Matriculation Application and Pay a One-Time $250 Non-Refundable Due Diligence Fee — Course acceptance is not automatic and a telephone interview may be required. And, we are focused and selective.
Need More Information?
Please review this entire website carefully, or contact us directly:
Ann Miller RN MHA [Executive-Director]
- Institute of Medical Business Advisors, Inc.
- Peachtree Plantation – West
- Suite #5901 Wilbanks Drive
- MarcinkoAdvisors@msn.com [email]
- 770.448.0769 [telephone]
“BY DOCTORS – FOR DOCTORS – PEER REVIEWED – FIDUCIARY FOCUSED”
“The informed voice of a new generation of fiduciary advisors for healthcare”