HOW TO BECOME A CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER™
Understanding all 6 Requirements for the CERTIFIED MEDICAL PLANNER™ Charter Designation “Live” Online Education Program
WELCOME LETTER FROM: DR. DAVID E. MARCINKO; MBA CMP™
1. Professional Experience — A successful CMP™ candidate must have three years of financial or management industry sales, service, and/or support experience to the medical community. One medical client [physician, podiatrist, osteopath, dentist, nurse, PA, PT, etc] reference and/or letter of recommendation is required.
CPAs, FAs, RIAs, and related financial service diploma holders [CFA, CFP™ and CIMA, etc] are ideal candidates for the program; as are the burgeoning plethora of various healthcare management consultants and providers [MD, DO, RN, MBA, DBA, PhD, JD, fraud, RAC and financial auditors, HIT or HIMSS experts, etc]. An undergraduate college degree [BA/BS] is mandatory to launch your career in this challenging space.
See: CAREER LAUNCH
2. Coursework — A CMP™ candidate must complete the 12 month “live” online education program to gain a comprehensive understanding of the issues faced by healthcare today.
Candidates learn how to identify shortfalls in medically focused financial planning and practice management; and how to successfully address contemporary health economics, IT, investing, health administration, insurance, portfolio and risk management topics; as well as post PP-ACA era hospital and clinic management with their ever-changing Health 2.0 issues.
So, plan on an estimated 5-10 hours per week of course study for a total of 500 hours/program/year.
See: PROGRAM CURRICULUM
And, best of all, course curriculum content may be customized based on your background and experience; at the discretion of our Dean-of-Admissions [Eugene Schmuckler; PhD, MBA, M.Ed, CTS]. Advanced credit is not usually granted because of the large font of ever-growing knowledge in this ecosystem. But, the program may be accelerated, or “crashed”, to expedite graduation-completion in some cases. Group classes, TMs, and IMs are also possible.
- Tuition is $1,500/semester X 4 semesters = $6,000 USD/payable quarterly, in advance.
- Course textbooks are extra and available from your vendor-of-choice [$250-$500 approximate range].
3. Examination — Admission, matriculation and classes are given on a rolling basis with a “live” instructor in an asynchronous fashion; via secure PC, anytime or anywhere.
And, no multiple-choice tests or mega examination is required for the thrice weekly class format; 2 week courses/6 courses per semester; four semesters per year; 48 week total program length. English language, typing and writing proficiency is required.
Instead of fill-in-the-blank tests, we use E-mail Discussion Activities [EDAs], with 250 word essay type responses and online communication, for deep subject matter understanding with your “live” instructor; not just lucky guesses. Class expectations, and real-world performance, is therefore high.
4. Signed Ethics Statement — Each CMP™ candidate must sign the iMBA Inc, Standard Code of Ethics to verify that the individual pledges to maintain a high standard of conduct, competence, knowledge, professionalism, integrity, objectivity, and fiduciary responsibility in the practice of his or her profession.
See: DISCIPLINARY PROCESS
5. Continuing Education — On an ongoing basis, over a 24-month cycle, each CMP™ designee must write an original peer-reviewed and accepted textbook chapter, published essay, white-paper or related publication in a format approved by iMBA Press, Inc. Editorial assistance is available. Our targeted library grows in this manner.
And, there is NO recurring CEU fee, or required annual dues; a very unique model in the industry. We seek your insight and brain-power; not your money.
6. Submit a Matriculation Application and Pay a One-Time $250 Non-Refundable Due Diligence Fee — Course acceptance is not automatic and a telephone interview may be required. And, we are focused and selective.
Need More Information?
Please review this entire website carefully, or contact us directly:
Ann Miller RN MHA [Executive-Director]
Front Matter with Foreword by Jason Dyken MD MBA
“BY DOCTORS – FOR DOCTORS – PEER REVIEWED – FIDUCIARY FOCUSED”
“The informed voice of a new generation of fiduciary advisors for healthcare”